About the project
Main Points on the iChem3D project
- The iChem3D project is jointly funded by JISC and the University of Liverpool up to May 2010 and will generate new learning designs for the resource which provides 3D simulations and animations modelling the structure and reactivity of organic molecules.
- Guidelines will be produced for the use of the Chemtube3D website in a range of educational, work based and lifelong learning contexts.
- The learning designs will be tested using a mixture of focus groups, interviews and observational studies of users using the learning sequences and the resource.
- Following testing the learning designs will be revised in light of the feedback recieved.
- The main users of the resource will be academic staff and undergraduate students. Professional chemists will also be encouraged to use the resource.
- The completed interactive website, with the integration of learning designs, will be freely available to support blended self-directed learning.